Wonderfully filling! And another recipe you can work to suit your tastes. Omit the bacon for a vegetarian version.
One lined baking dish
- at least two very large sweet potatoes, or equivalent in mass. This recipe feeds four with just two sweet potatoes like the one pictured in the second photo, which was about 23 cm long
- olive oil, to toss
- 1 – 2 tablespoon(s) paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- one can of Four-Bean Mix, drained and rinsed
- chopped shallots
- 250g bacon, chopped. Meaty strips about 1cm wide and 4cm long add good texture
- two capsicums, same or different colours, sliced thinly
- grated tasty cheese
- grated parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced)
Cut the sweet potatoes into wedges or chips and boil for four minutes.
Drain well and pat dry.
Toss in olive oil with the paprika, salt and pepper, and any other herbs and spices you may like. Curry powder? Mixed herbs? Crushed garlic would work too.
Spread in a lined baking dish and bake for 20 – 30 minutes until crisp.
Add a drained and rinsed can of Four-Bean Mix, the chopped shallots, bacon (optional), and capsicum slices. Top with plenty of grated cheese and top again with grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake until browned.
Serve with a salad, or perhaps with the Peasant Greens Recipe, which uses the sweet potato leaves?
As you can tell, a food-photographer I am not! Still looks pretty yum to me — and it was!